A webcast is a media file distributed over the Internet using streaming media technology to distribute to many simultaneous listeners or viewers. A webcast can be distributed live or on demand.
Webcasting is “broadcasting” over the Internet and the workflow for producing a live webcast is not much different from producting a live TV broadcast. With our background in broadcast television, it was a natural step to take.
Live Webcast Can:
- Add value to your trade show or event
- Drive traffic to your event website
- Add value by highlighting your sponsors in the live webcast as part of your sponsor packages
- Increase communication with and between participants
- Increase your promotional opportunities for your sponsors or advertisers
There are many different types of events and businesses that can benefit from a live webcast.
In 2010 we produced did a live webcast for the Jacksonville Axemen rugby games. In the fall Joe also work as Producer for the Atlantic Rugby Game which was an tournament with three international teams participating. The games were broadcast live, using four cameras.